Critical Reflection

Module Learning

Vamos! Before attending this module, I had always perceived that a language module would always be dull and boring. However, after attending Professor Blackstone's class, I have discovered that there is still much more to learn. I have discovered that language is much more complex than we have thought.

Through the weeks, I have been exposed to new learnings such as to write a formal report more efficiently, paying more attention to the research findings, meticulously picking out articles that would be suitable for the report. This module has also provided me with insights on how to tap on other search engines such as Google Scholar to research for scholarly articles online, thus allowing for a more reliable source to be used. 

Other than just learning a more efficient way of writing, this module has also tapped on my oral skills, learning to speak more fluently and formally according to the context given. And also, to present and articulate contents in a more efficient way for the audience. I also realised that with better understanding of your contents, one would be able to articulate what he/she wants to express by using simple and clear visuals, allowing for a smoother presentation flow.

Because of this module, I have started to speak out more, expressing my opinions and to also work on how I speak, using a proper tone, pauses and having the relevant body language when speaking to an audience. It has allowed me to gain more confidence to speak out more often.


Project Learning

For our team's research project, I was the writer. Main tasks were to take key points from our discussions, shaping it into subjects we should tap into. At first, this role was tedious as I had to pick out hidden pointers for the team. During our ideation process, we also had a small hiccup as everyone's ideas were not aligned. With consecutive discussions, we were able to focus on an idea and work towards it.

As everybody has different schedules it was essential to have constant communication between each other so as the project could be done efficiently. It was also essential for everyone to be open-minded to the everchanging ideas as the ideas could be beneficial to the project. We also learnt how to craft a more efficient slide, making use of visuals to articulate our ideas, applying what we have learnt from Professor Blackstone's class on how to craft an efficient slide for the audience. 

For our project, our team has brainstormed possible loopholes and questions that audience may ask, therefore, during the Q&A session, the team was able to answer to the audience questions without any doubt. The team has showed tremendous teamwork to help one another during the presentation. Feedback given by the groupmates proved to be essential as it allows one to improve the overall quality of the work.

For our presentation preparations, professor Blackstone has imparted some valuable pointers to look out for when presenting, such as where we should be situated and also how should we stand or sit when someone is doing his/her part of the presentation. These were key pointers that i have not learnt before.

I hope to apply what I have learnt in this module in my future modules and also in my future workplace. To write, research and present to my audience better with what I have learnt here. And to also be always open to ideas and concepts as what we wouldn't know if this could be beneficial to one's learning. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introductory Letter to Brad Blackstone

Interpretation of Quotation